Monday, February 21, 2011

Phone Photo Challenge

So it all started as a fun night out for a friend's birthday. "Meet us at the bar!" she exclaimed, "It's my husbands birthday!". It's a relatively friendly bar that never gets too packed, but is always filled with good company and great music.  However, this night was not of the norm for our favorite neighborhood pub. There was pounding music with bass you could feel down to your bones. It wasn't until I was mashed against ten different people while trying to order my drink when I realized I was at a Rave. Lovely I thought to myself, I'm surrounded by people on drugs I had never even heard of. 

I figured it was time for a stronger drink. 

"Jack on the rocks please", I practically pleaded to the bartender.  Megan, (my knight in shining armor) made my drink quickly and waved away my money when I offered to pay. I gulped down half the glass and shook my head. "Hey!", she yelled from across the bar, "If you can't beat 'em....?!" 

A smile crossed my face as I realized she was right. Looking around the room I searched for a way to embrace the chaos around me. (Without going near the drugged out hippies) I felt two words escape my lips as I transformed into a 5 year old. 

FACE PAINT

What an awesome night. :)



6 comments:

  1. I love thise photo (you know I do)....and btw...always steer clear of the drugged out hippes and ALWAYS made a clear path for the Face Paint!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know this kind of face paint existed. Very cool and great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's such a neat photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Face paint definitely is always the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome!! Looks good! Love the face paint!

    ReplyDelete